I love to sew, unfortunately I haven’t had time, or patience to sew for myself.
I love this skirt, I did try making it with jersey fabric tonight, but it just wasn’t working for me (the lack of sleep probably wasn’t helping). Tomorrow, I think I will try and make it with some thicker fabric.
I love the colour, the style, everything about this shirt (or is it a dress? Either way, I want to make one like it!)
I don’t know what it is about bows lately, but I am becoming obsessed with them. I love this dress.
Something a little more casual. I have about 35894598435 meters of jersey knit fabric I could use…
You had me a the ruffles and the buttons.
Because maybe this will help me sleep at night?
I can’t wait to show off the things I make!
I don’t think I have been this stressed ever.
Not during high school (even during exams)
Not when I moved 9824239874239874 miles away from my darling baby daddy. (I was gone for 362 days)
Not when we were planning our wedding. Bridezilla, I was not. No really, we could have eloped and I would have been happy.
Not when we were pregnant with Little T.
Why am I stressed?
I have 52 days till Bubsie is here.
Bubsie still has no name.
- I sewed a diaper up wrong and had to undo it all. I hope it works.
- I’m stressed about pumping and taking care of both of my babies all while Rich is at work.
- I’ve never used a haberman bottle, and now I have to use one full time with Bubs.
- A friends brothers girlfriend just had a baby and baby had a cleft palate. Baby had a feeding tube and that scares me.
- that I’m not giving Little T enough attention. I know I am, it’s just mommy guilt. (we cuddle and read as many books as he wants at night time.)
- Little T still isn’t sleeping through the night. He wakes up at midnight (he hates being wet) and we change him and give him a bottle, then (depending on how I feel) he either stays in his bed or he sleeps with us. Which is painful, that kid is a mover.
Reasons to not stress.
- I still have 52 days till Bubsie is here
- Bubsie is a mover
- Little T has been especially clingy/loving on mommy. I love it.
- I know that I can pump, and that I will figure out a schedule for when Rich is at work.
- I have an amazing support team, if Bubs needs a feeding tube I know that they will be with me to help me all along the way.
- even though Little T is sleeping in our bed every night, and that he beats me all night long, I get the best hugs and kisses and cuddles in the morning. Definitely making it worth it.
- I got all my fabric and snaps that I ordered. So far I have only used the snaps, but the fabric is washed/dried and ready to go!
- I have an amazing husband who loves me, even when I am crazy.
- My baby boy adores me.
*the childrens hospital not only saved my life (I was a 29 weeker) but will be where Bubsie gets all the treatment baby needs*
So I started this list at twenty weeks, I think I have accomplished a ton!
Kaits list of stuff that needs to get done before Bubsie gets here:
decide if Bubsie and Little T are sharing a room or not. I’d like them to, but I don’t want Bubs to keep T up all night.The verdict is, sharing a room depending on Bubsies health
organize baby clothes, pull out all gender neutral items.
buy another crib. thank goodness we have that Ikea gift card!
get a double stroller.
finish the snuggly sleep carseat bag thing.
finish the newborn pjs that I have cut out, but not sewn together yet.
finish the kitchen (all that’s left is to tile the back-splash)
finish the tile in the master bathroom
re-arrange Little T’s room, it is driving me NUTS.
put the closet doors on T’s closet.
put the door on T’s bedroom
fence the backyard
have Gus fully house trained (he’s about 98% trained)(Since finding out that Bubsie has a cleft, we found a family home for Gus)
sell my valco baby stroller (anyone interested? have I got a deal for you!)
New things to add to the list
- make these diapers in newborn/small size
- finish making the baby blankets for T and for Bubsie
- organize our bedroom
- sort through our clothes and make a give away pile
- finish and organize the pantry
I know there are more, but that should keep me busy for a few more weeks!
EDITED TO ADD: I added a new “page” called “crafty crafter” full of current and future projects that I am working on. Once the project is complete I will add pictures. I can’t wait to show everyone what I have done!
Things I have come to the conclusion of (in the past 10 days)
– I hate hate hate minky fabric.
– sinus colds suck
– Little T likes to pee in the potty. (yesterday he signed “potty” and “please” and the proceed to pee in the potty!! So far he has peed in the potty 5 times (3 yesterday and 2 today)
– when I feel like crap (sinus cold) my house reflects that. it does not help that Little T is intent on destroying EVERYTHING
– I have found even MORE projects that I want to make for Bubsie. I think I’m going to make a side-bar list of all that I have done/want to do.
– I’m going to finish Bubsies knit sweater (pictures to come this week) possibly tonight
– I love chocolate chip cookies. Yesterday I craved them, but only wanted them in my ice-cream. So I made a whole batch just for that.
– I made this for supper. DELISH. I made it with linguine instead of thick noodles…so good!!
– Little T’s 8th tooth finally came in. Now we are working on all 4 molars. Fun times. not.
– We went to Cirque du Soleil. It was amazing. thanks Joe!
– The night we left Little T, I slept for 9.5 hours, straight. I haven’t done that since before I was pregnant with T.
– We went to this pub after Cirque, it was so yummy.
– sleep training Little T sucks more than sinus colds.
– I sold our Valco stroller, now I’m on the hunt for a lightweight double. any ideas?
– our internet hates me. Every few minutes it stops working.
– Little T has been off dairy for 2+ months (raw dairy, if it is cooked like in cookies or cake etc, he seems to do alright with it). He is a different person.
– we had both of our doctor appointments. One scale said I was 150 (so 2lbs above pre-pregnancy) and the other said I was 153. I’m not sure who to believe.
– I am happy with my weight gain.
– 3 weeks till we see Bubsie again! I can’t wait to see that precious face!!
Rich has to go to work, so until later
Today has been a no good horrible rotten day.
This morning was great, I started sewing while HotBabyDaddy went to the Remembrance day service in town (Little T was sleeping, so we stayed home.) and all was well with the world.
Then we went to the inlaws.
I love my inlaws, honestly I do. My sister-in-law (I call her my Seeester) is one of my nearest and dearest friends.
But sometimes they drive me up the wall.
Usually it is when I am PMSing. (Whic FYI, is not the case for today)
I don’t know what it was today, but all I wanted to do was cry, or punch someone in the ovaries.
It didn’t help that I found out today, that we don’t get to go to Mexico in January (thanks AHS, I’m still p’od at you). I know, what a thing to cry about.
People are starving everywhere and I’m upset because I don’t get to go on a vacation.
To top it off, there hasn’t been much sleep here, Little T is cutting a tooth, and has an ear infection AND last night his breathing was so bad that we took him to emerg. Turns out the Dr thinks it’s asthma, we’ll see.
I don’t want to complain. I don’t like complaining. But sometimes I feel like no one around me is listening.
I put so much hope into that vacation. It was our chance to get away from this crazy little town. Our chance to introduce Little T to something new and exciting (not that he will really care, or remember). It was what was keeping me sane.
Either really angry, or constipated.