I love cloth diapering. I love how inexpensive it is, how my baby doesn’t scream while changing his diaper (he does in sposies). I love his little cloth diapered booty, it is huge compared to when he is wearing a sposie!
Recently I joined a HUGE (I think it’s huge) blogging community, you may have heard of it. http://www.topbabyblogs.com they have the most amazing blogs listed there. I have found so many blogs that I check
hourly daily, and all of them are either pregnancy related or are baby related! I love reading about other peoples pregnancies and childbirth more than reading anything else. True story. From now on at the end of my posts I will be including the banner so that you can vote for us!
We love to play. We love toys, it doesn’t matter if they are expensive toys or a cardboard
toilet paper role box, we will play with it. For Little T’s birthday we spoiled him; not by quantity, but by quality. I we got him the coolest toys (for his age group) that I have ever seen!
They are by Discovery Toys which are “education toys” that are still fun to play with!
So for starters we got him the “big tangiball”
It is so cool! Not only is it bumpily, but it smells like STRAWBERRIES!!!
Then we got him the “Castle Marbleworks”
He loves it! He has yet to figure out that only one of the top yellow pieces lets the balls through, but that doesn’t stop him from trying!
We also got him the “Hammer Away”
Unfortunately for Little T, we took the hammer away before he even got to see it. Instead of the
object of mass destruction hammer he just pressed the balls through with his hands. It seems to be working for him thus far.
Comfy. That’s all I want to be these days. Which is weird because I am smaller now than I have been since August 2009. It might be because my hips feel like they are expanding and my tummy “popped” this weekend. Last go-around all I wanted to do was wear maternity clothes, this time I only wear my mat pants when I have to. My go-to wardrobe right now is a couple of stretchy T`s from H&M and either yoga pants (that I made) or jeans that I wore before I was pregnant with Little T (I`m now doing the hair elastic trick, which helps in the comfyness) Things that I would wear every.single.day.
I`ve been craving them, I want store bought and home made. I want it sprinkles and I want it without. I want to make them and eat them and love them. But not when their stale.
I want to make this recipe for Doughnuts.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Stir the vinegar into the milk, and let stand for a few minutes until thick.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture alternating with the vinegar and milk. Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/3 inch thickness. Cut into doughnuts using a donut cutter. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry doughnuts in the hot oil until golden, turning over once. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners’ sugar while they are still warm, and serve immediately.
This is one of my all time favourite magazines ever. It`s one of the few that I buy on a regular basis.
Can you tell that I just got my copy today? I have already dogged-eared 90% of the pages!